Thursday, February 7th, 2008
Ok, for you holiday purists out there- Pancake Day, or Shrove Tuesday, is two days past. In belated celebration, though, the wife and I are throwing a little pancake and waffle shindig at our house this weekend. We’ve done this twice before; about 40 people crammed into our little suburban ranch stuffing their faces with breakfast pastries mired in an assortment of fruit and syrupy toppings. Man, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Making it even better is the new 32GB iPod Touch hooked up to my receiver, filling the air with the sounds of a well-crafted party mix for hours. Here’s a quick cut of said party mix. Just a taste:
1. Tear Off Your Own Head, Elvis Costello.
2. You Know I’m No Good, Amy Winehouse.
3. Party Hard, Andrew W.K.
4. Meeting The Remarkable Men, Harvey Danger.
5. Halloweenhead, Ryan Adams.
6. Too Many Houses In Here, The Bellrays.
7. Kissing My Love, Bill Withers.
8. Word Up, Cameo.
9. Hendrix With KO, Manitoba.
10. The Sound Of Settling, Death Cab For Cutie.
11. Tree House, I’m From Barcelona.
12. Surfing On A Rocket, Air.
13. Fake Empire, The National.
14. Cherub Rock, Smashing Pumpkins.
15. Don’t Leave Me This Way, Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes.
Ooh, ooh! New contest! Send me your best Pancake Day party mix, 12-15 songs. The winner (as chosen by me and only me, bwahahahaha) gets posted here next week, and 10% off your next iBook, PowerBook, MacBook or MacBook Pro Repair. Godspeed, rockstars.
(Note: If you’re ever in Scotland where they actually celebrate Pancake Day, don’t wait until the day of to buy your holiday supplies. You will get laughed at in the grocery store aisle. I know from experience.)
Formerly known as ipodresq, macresq, powerbookresq. iResQ is pronounced "irescue" or "i rescue"
*Information on our 24-hour policy is located in our FAQ section.
iResQ is not affiliated with Apple Inc., and is an independent service and repair entity. All Apple logos used on this site are a trademark of Apple Inc..
Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPhone, iBook, PowerBook, MacBook, iMac, Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc.,
registered in the U.S. and other countries. ResQ Systems, LLC, D.B.A.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.. The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.