Happy Pancake Day.
Ok, for you holiday purists out there- Pancake Day, or Shrove Tuesday, is two days past. In belated celebration, though, the wife and I are throwing a little pancake and waffle shindig at our house this weekend. We’ve done this twice before; about 40 people crammed into our little suburban ranch stuffing their faces with breakfast pastries mired in an assortment of fruit and syrupy toppings. Man, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Making it even better is the new 32GB iPod Touch hooked up to my receiver, filling the air with the sounds of a well-crafted party mix for hours. Here’s a quick cut of said party mix. Just a taste:
1. Tear Off Your Own Head, Elvis Costello.
2. You Know I’m No Good, Amy Winehouse.
3. Party Hard, Andrew W.K.
4. Meeting The Remarkable Men, Harvey Danger.
5. Halloweenhead, Ryan Adams.
6. Too Many Houses In Here, The Bellrays.
7. Kissing My Love, Bill Withers.
8. Word Up, Cameo.
9. Hendrix With KO, Manitoba.
10. The Sound Of Settling, Death Cab For Cutie.
11. Tree House, I’m From Barcelona.
12. Surfing On A Rocket, Air.
13. Fake Empire, The National.
14. Cherub Rock, Smashing Pumpkins.
15. Don’t Leave Me This Way, Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes.
Ooh, ooh! New contest! Send me your best Pancake Day party mix, 12-15 songs. The winner (as chosen by me and only me, bwahahahaha) gets posted here next week, and 10% off your next iBook, PowerBook, MacBook or MacBook Pro Repair. Godspeed, rockstars.
(Note: If you’re ever in Scotland where they actually celebrate Pancake Day, don’t wait until the day of to buy your holiday supplies. You will get laughed at in the grocery store aisle. I know from experience.)
This entry was posted on Thursday, February 7th, 2008 at 4:37 pm and is filed under Author Posts. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.